Evaluation & Research projects include:
Girls Scouts of the USA – Motorola Foundation
Evaluating Promising Practices in STEM Education for Girls K-12
- Conducted a project identifying promising practices in STEM education programs and initiatives for K-12 girls, including a database of STEM programs and an independent literature review.
Microsoft - Partners in Learning
2007 Worldwide Innovative Teachers Forum
- Collaborated on a white paper that included a literature review of innovative education and development of a “Keys to Innovation” tool.
- Summarized and developed a report on the participant evaluations of the forum.
Evaluation Planning Consultation
- Provided consultation on the development of an evaluation plan including logic model, framework and measures for the evaluation of an after school community center computer program.
Renton School District
Innovative Remediation Program
- Provided evaluation services related to the implementation and effectiveness of a remediation program at four high schools designed to increase student WASL scores in mathematics. The program had two main interventions: computer-aided instruction for students and professional development for teaching staff.
SouthCentral Girls Collaborative Project
National Science Foundation Grant
- Reviewed and reported on the effectiveness of a specific model intended to increase collaboration within a network of girl-serving science, technology, engineering, or mathematics programs.
North East Vocational Area Cooperative (NEVAC) and Seattle Public Schools
Skills Center Feasibility Studies
- Administered and reported on surveys to multiple stakeholder groups as part of two Washington State Skills Center feasibility studies conducted by NEVAC and Seattle Public Schools.
Girls Scouts of the USA
Promising Practices in Informal IT Education for Girls
- Implemented project designed to look at promising practice in information technology informal education for girls in grades 6 – 12 including an online directory and guide of promising practices for national dissemination.
Workforce Development Council of Seattle-King County
Life Sciences Programs and Outreach Report
- Compiled and reported on life science education and outreach programs in Washington State including an online directory to house project results and a brochure highlighting a selection of programs.
Paul G. Allen Foundation
Grant for Technology Infusion in Small Schools
- Evaluated the implementation and effectiveness of the Coaching Triads program at Cleveland High School.
- Administered and reported on a four-year technology usage survey at Cleveland High School.
Partners in Learning
- Provided online survey services and report for an international peer coaching program survey administered in nine countries.
- Provided services to doctoral students in the administration of their online dissertation surveys including Web portal services.
National Girls Collaborative Project (NGCP)
National Science Foundation Grant
- Evaluated the effectiveness of the implementation of the NGCP, a project designed to network girl-serving organizations by providing conferences, resources, and incentives to increase collaboration.
Portland Community College
PAVTEC Education Consortium
- Evaluated the effectiveness of the Middle School Girls Conference, an event designed to increase girls’ interest in science, technology, engineering, math, and non-traditional (vocational) career opportunities
- Conducted focus groups with high school girls to find out what encourages and/or discourages them to enroll in science, technology, math, and vocational-technical classes and with past Middle School Girls Conference participants to find out if the conference influenced their class and career choices in high school.
Seattle Expanding Your Horizons (SEYH)
SEYH Conference Evaluation
- Evaluated the effectiveness of a conference designed to increase girls’ interest in science, technology, engineering, and math career opportunities.
Northwest Girls Coalition (NWGC)
Annual Members Survey
- Determined yearly programming, membership needs, and interests of NWGC members.
Teaching + Technology Coaching Initiative (T2CI)
Department of Education Challenge Innovation Grant
- Collected and analyzed information about the types of support peer coaches received from their schools and districts, types of coaching activities being implemented, the perceptions of teachers being coached.
Mukilteo and Kent School Districts
Peer Coaching Programs
- Evaluated peer coaching program effectiveness by looking at coaching barriers and methods used in coaching.
Women and Girls in Technology (WGIT)
Funding Strategies Teleconference
- Determined participant teleconference satisfaction and collected ideas for future teleconferences.
Ventura County Superintendent of Schools Office
- Conducted interviews related to learning how data and technology coaches work with each other and their collaborating teachers as part of the Peer Coaching for School Success program.